Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day 6

I walked my friend home from bookclub and kept walking. ho hum.
Sometimes a walk feels like this...just crunch crunch crunch. But I have to keep walking anyway.
Something will turn up...


ok - not exactly what I meant, but some days are like this. The same old grey suit.
But there is beauty in the continuity - the same man wakes up, shaves and drinks coffee and walks down the stairs and opens up shop. The same old customers and their 3-button suits.
There is a curious beauty in steadfastness.
Boredom means safety, my students tell me.
They are psyched by the levels of boredom they can achieve in Canada.
They are grateful for boredom in ways that I cannot be.
To be bored is to be alive.


2 comments:

  1. Takes time to learn how to love boredom... First, you try to get rid of if, but at the end of the day you know boredom is that nasty friend you need to learn how to live with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. truth..
    ...are you bored Susana?
    :P

    ReplyDelete